Arconic Utility Operator in Canton, Ohio
Manufacturing / Operations
Business Unit Group:
Engineered Products and Solutions
AES (Arconic Engineered Structures) is a world-class producer of titanium aero ingots and mill products- and a leader in multi-material airframe subassemblies and advanced technologies and materials, such as 3D printing and titanium aluminides. Titanium is the world’s fastest-growing aerospace metal, and we are taking it to greater heights. Our engineered structures help build the world’s most advanced aircraft- and help protect our troops and power our world.
Summary: AES has an immediate opening for a Utility Operator located at its Canton, Revert facilities. This position is responsible for processing Titanium Scrap by shearing, torching, blasting, sorting, blending and/or mixing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of a Utility operator.
· Properly set up, operate, and perform routine maintenance on various machines.
· Follow all instructions noted on the work order.
· Verify weight and quantity of items produced.
· Properly inspect and rate materials.
· Inspect the condition of the product to ensure quality and compliance with work standards.
· Ability to follow procedures to sort material based on size, composition, and category.
· Provide feedback to improve productivity methods.
· Perform operations as directed from verbal and/or written documents, such as production boards, procedures, work instructions, checklists and/or manuals.
· Operated equipment such as tow motors, scales, hand tools, and computers.
· Maintain time, production, operating records, logs, and prepared inventory.
Minimum Years of Experience:
· Experience operating a tow motor and fork lift.
· Experience torching.
Minimum Education Required:
High School or GED
Minimum Travel Required:
· High school diploma/GED
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to follow and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
· Ability to perform physical work, with the ability to lift/move up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
· Exhibit a strong work ethic that includes a good attendance record.
· Ability to work a flexible work schedule to include holidays, weekends, and overtime.
· Ability to work in high, precarious places and small or confined spaces.
Arconic Engineered Structures
Entry Level/New Grad
Compliance With the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits). We live our Values and measure our success by the success of our customers, shareholders, communities and people. Arconic’s success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind.