Arconic Utility Operator in Canton, Ohio
AES (Arconic Engineered Structures) is a world-class producer of titanium aero ingots and mill products- and a leader in multi-material airframe subassemblies and advanced technologies and materials, such as 3D printing and titanium aluminides. Titanium is the world’s fastest-growing aerospace metal, and we are taking it to greater heights. Our engineered structures help build the world’s most advanced aircraft- and help protect our troops and power our world.
Summary: AES has an immediate opening for a Utility Operator located at its Canton, Revert facilities. This position is responsible for processing Titanium Scrap by shearing, torching, blasting, sorting, blending and/or mixing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of a Utility operator.
· Properly set up, operate, and perform routine maintenance on various machines.
· Follow all instructions noted on the work order.
· Verify weight and quantity of items produced.
· Properly inspect and rate materials.
· Inspect the condition of the product to ensure quality and compliance with work standards.
· Ability to follow procedures to sort material based on size, composition, and category.
· Provide feedback to improve productivity methods.
· Perform operations as directed from verbal and/or written documents, such as production boards, procedures, work instructions, checklists and/or manuals.
· Operated equipment such as tow motors, scales, hand tools, and computers.
· Maintain time, production, operating records, logs, and prepared inventory.
· High school diploma/GED
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to follow and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
· Ability to perform physical work, with the ability to lift/move up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
· Exhibit a strong work ethic that includes a good attendance record.
· Ability to work a flexible work schedule to include holidays, weekends, and overtime.
· Ability to work in high, precarious places and small or confined spaces.
· Experience operating a tow motor and fork lift.
· Experience torching.
Minimum Education Required
High School or GED
Minimum Years of Experience
Minimum Travel Required
Manufacturing / Operations
Business Unit Group
Engineered Products and Solutions
Arconic Engineered Structures
Entry Level/New Grad