Arconic Maintenance Roll Grinder in Davenport, Iowa
Maintenance Roll Grinder
A Roll Grinder performs the following job duties:
• Grind large mill rolls to specified shapes and finishes.
• Select, balance and install grinding wheels.
• Check surface quality, hardness and shape with perthometer, equo-tip, micrometer, caliper and depth micrometer.
• Read and interpret blue prints and sketches.
• Adjust, lubricate and maintain roll grinding machines.
• Perform mechanical repair of roll grinding machines and shop equipment.
• Enter roll grinding information into a computerized roll management system.
• Inspect and repair roll neck bearings and chocks.
• Assemble and disassemble large rolls, chocks and bearings.
• Operate overhead crane from cab, pendant and radio control.
• Operate fork truck.
• Order parts and supplies.
• The successful candidate will be required to complete a 6-month probationary period.
• Employee must be able to perform essential job functions of this department.
• High school or GED required.
• Candidate must be a journey-level Roll Grinder or Machinist or have equivalent experience (2 years verifiable experience working as a Roll Grinder, Machinist, Machine or Equipment repair and 3 years verifiable general mechanic experience).
• Pass mechanical aptitude test.
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Experience programming and operating computer controlled equipment.
Minimum Education Required
High School or GED
Minimum Years of Experience
Minimum Travel Required
Business Unit Group
Global Rolled Products