Arconic Mechanical Engineer- Rolling in Davenport, Iowa
Mechanical Engineer- Rolling
Arconic is currently in search of a Mechanical Engineer to join Aerospace and Automotive Products Business Unit in Davenport, IA.
Arconic serves the aerospace, automotive, packaging, building and construction, commercial transportation, and industrial aluminum and light-weight material markets, bringing design, engineering, production, and other capabilities of Arconic’s businesses as a single solution to customers.
Since it opened in 1948, Arconic’s Davenport, Iowa aluminum facility has been at the forefront of American manufacturing. Nestled on the banks of the Mississippi River in Iowa, the plant employs 2,200 people and is a focal point of the global aluminum industry, with 25 percent of revenues coming from exports. Through continued modernization, including a $500 million investment over the past decade alone, Davenport has maintained its position as the world’s premier aerospace supply plant and is today the hub of Arconic’s $3 billion aerospace business.
The Mechanical Engineer position is responsible for a wide variety of manufacturing process and mechanical engineering activities in a specific production department. He/she has responsibility for coordinating and implementing Lean Manufacturing principles across the department’s material flow paths, and must gain a complete view and understanding of the area’s manufacturing production centers and processes to be successful. The Mechanical Engineer will focus on tactical projects in the areas of safety, recovery improvement, machine reliability, training, and production. This position will utilize project management tools for coordinating efforts on process improvements, including capital improvement and sustaining projects, and will support and lead the execution of problem solving efforts related to process and machine improvements. Although the person in this position works primarily daytime shifts M-F, it is expected that they work off-shifts and/or weekends as needed to support the functions of this role
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
· Manufacturing experience in the metals industry.
· Experience with rolling mills in a heavy manufacturing environment.
· Project management experience.
· Experience in process improvement, troubleshooting, hydraulics, pneumatics, machine repair.
· Motion control understanding in electro-mechanical and electro-hydraulic systems and ability to troubleshoot.
· A strong understanding of fits and tolerances.
· The ability to engage with employee at all levels of the organization.
· The knowledge to identify and help resolve process-related problems.
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Strong business, technical, computer, and analytical skills (from educational background and/or manufacturing experience.)
Business Unit Group
Global Rolled Products