Arconic NPI Project Engineer (Hampton Structural) in Hampton, Virginia
NPI Project Engineer (Hampton Structural)
This opening is with Arconic Engines – a world leader in the investment casting of superalloys, aluminum and titanium primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets. For more information on Arconic, visit us online at www.arconic.com .
This position is responsible for managing Arconic Engines NPI programs within a specific manufacturing facility, ensuring each meet or exceed original program commitments. The NPI program Manager will be responsible to ensure program deliverables are aligned with customer needs.
Key Responsibilities• Manages the cross-functional team of (Engineers, Research, Manufacturing, Commercial and Quality) to define and drive the execution of NPI programs utilizing the PM process and supporting toolset (Daptiv)
• Manages customer and ensures customer deliverables are met
• Leads cross-functional recurring program reviews
• Communicates to the broader organization the status of each program
• Deploys Arconic Engine’s program management process and toolset
Knowledge / Skill Required
• A minimum of two years of project management experience is required
• Outstanding interpersonal skills
• Self-confidence balanced with tact to challenge functional internal and external resources to keep their commitments
• Candidate must be self-driven with an acute sense of urgency.
• Ability to create and think through complex development program plans and identify and resolve gaps / risk before they cause issues
• Ability to manage the customer by tactfully requiring timely information, selling recovery approaches and minimizing customer reactions to project delays
• Outstanding organizational skills and discipline to build project plans
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
A minimum of 2 years experience with launching new product development programs
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is subject to the Internal Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status.
Degree in Engineering discipline preferred
Working directly with the customer is preferred. This could include experience in the cross functional teams, not directly in program management.
Aerospace specification knowledge is preferred
Proficient in all MS Office applications, (Outlook, Project, Word, Excel, PPT)
Knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing a plus.
Working knowledge or experience in the investment casting business is desired but not required
Hands-on experience with APQP is desired, but not required
Minimum Education Required
Minimum Years of Experience
Minimum Travel Required
Business Unit Group
Engineered Products and Solutions