Arconic *CNC Programmer in LaPorte, Indiana
The technician will work under general supervision to program multi-axis CNC equipment for the machining of castings to precision tolerances, using Master Cam, and NX software.
Ability to interpret complex blueprints, instructions, and inspection requirements
Advanced math skills (especially algebra, trigonometry, and geometry)
Good communication skills, both verbal and written
Utilize CAD/CAM, Master Cam, and NX software to build part models and create tool paths
Use of basic and advanced metrology equipment
Proficiency in the use of CAD/CAM software is required (Master Cam or NX preferred)
Proficiency in Microsoft office
Prepare and set up castings to be machined in a production setting
Program Multi-axis machining centers
Determine cutting tools required for a job
Create work instructions, route cards and temporary engineering instructions or sketches.
Design/build machining fixtures
Assist in training
Perform other machining operations, as needed
Ability to work efficiently to meet production demands while working safely
Must be flexible in working hours including overtime
Skills and Abilities:
• CNC programming capabilities
• Good computer skills (file transfer, CAD/CAM, Microsoft Office)
• Advanced machining skills
• Understanding of digitizing techniques
• Understanding of NX software (or ability to be trained)
• Manipulate models in Unigraphics & Solidworks (or ability to be trained)
• G Code programming (or ability to be trained)
• Ability to load/unload and set up parts in CNC equipment (castings, setters, molds, fixtures, raw stock, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may:
• Lift up to 35lbs. (30% of the time)
• Push or pull up to 100 lbs. (dead weight, 5% of the time)
• Stand 60% of the time
• Bend and twist 30% of the time (when standing)
• Lifting and manipulating of fixturing is required.
• Computers and software (i.e. Windows, NX, Solidworks, Microsoft Office etc.)
• CNC (various machines)
• Hand tools
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to:
• Cutting fluids
• Flying chips
• Extreme heat (summer months and only specific areas)
• Sandblast grit (only in specific areas).
• Long hours
• Various shifts
• Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS Values and policy statements and accompanying principals.
• Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory EHS regulations.
• Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Report all job related illness and injuries (Per Employee Handbook).
• Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
• Attend all EHS training.
The products we manufacture are used in important industries - transporting goods and people; the defense of our country; critical energy infrastructure for hospitals and public safety. Livelihoods and lives depend upon the products we manufacture. What we do as an organization is important and the first, and best, “line of defense” against non-conforming products escaping to our customers is you. A simple message: don’t take it, don’t make it, and don’t pass it.
Compliance With the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations
Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits).
We live our Values and measure our success by the success of our customers, shareholders, communities and people. Arconic’s success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED equivalency is required.
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which required a U.S. person status. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
• A minimum of 2 years of CNC programming experience is preferred.
Technical training in shop practices, blueprint reading, metrology practices and layout IS preferred.
Completion of a Machinist’s Certification program is preferred.
Minimum Education Required
High School or GED
Minimum Years of Experience
Minimum Travel Required
Manufacturing / Operations
Business Unit Group
Engineered Products and Solutions