Arconic (NPI) Program Launch Manager in LaPorte, Indiana
(NPI) Program Launch Manager
Business Unit Group:
Engineered Products and Solutions
Arconic Engines is a world leader in the investment casting of super alloys, aluminum and titanium primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets. For more information on Arconic, visit us online at www.arconic.com .
Arconic Engines is seeking a Program Manager with a hands-on style to provide NPI (New Production Introduction) leadership for our location in LaPorte, Indiana. Located half-way between South Bend and Chicago, only minutes from the shores of Lake Michigan, our LaPorte facility is home to some of the most cutting edge manufacturing technology for the aerospace industry.
Arconic (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensure customer success and shareholder value. Arconic Engines, a business unit of Arconic, is a world-class producer of aero engine and industrial gas turbine components, including airfoils, rings, disks and forgings. Arconic Engines excels in vacuum melted superalloys, machining, performance coatings and hot isostatic pressing for high-performance parts that enable the next-generation of quieter, more fuel-efficient aero engines and cleaner power generation. For more information: www.arconic.com . Follow @arconic: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
As an NPI Program Launch Manager you will be responsible for providing program management support to all of the Aero, Structural, and IGT development programs within the facility, insuring each part meets or exceeds original program commitments (delivered on time, within budget, at target cost and expected yields.
Major Activities/Key Challenges
• Support a detailed execution plan working with the NPI Manager and team members from different functional disciplines (engineering, manufacturing, commercial, scheduling, quality) in an effort to ensure the timely completion of the plan.
• Utilize the PM (Program Management) software toolset to ensure cross-functional team members work collectively to complete the necessary tasks on time and provide weekly status updates for each program
• Maintain detailed action lists for all programs and working closely with the engineering and operational teams to ensure they are completed on time and within the budget; this process will involve a detailed review of the daily overdue tasks list and follow up during the daily management meeting
• Identify gaps and/or risks to the program and drive mitigation plans to avoid delays or unnecessary expenses; this will include obtaining the commitment of the various functional discipline leaders to ensure the overall recovery of the program
• Work with engineering and operations to remove roadblocks to ensure programs remain on-time and within budget
• Elevate critical path issues to the management team if desired results are not achieved
• Lead cross-functional recurring timing and budget reviews
• Assign SPAs (Single Point of Accountability) to address issues and open items and ensure on-time completion of actions
• Ensure clear communication of meeting minutes including notes, assignments and highlights
• Manage a scorecard analysis of each program
• Utilize Arconic Engines' program management process and toolset
• Follow key PM processes and ensure adherence
• All other duties as assigned
Minimum Years of Experience:
• Program management experience is highly desired
• Tooling design and/or CAD experience a plus
• Familiarity of the investment casting business a plus
• APQP/PFMEA/PPAP/SPC experience preferred
• Knowledge of Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing a plus
• APICS certification preferred
Minimum Education Required:
Minimum Travel Required:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
A minimum of 3 years of experience in product management/development.
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires US person status. ITAR defines US person as an US Citizen, US Permanent Resident (ie Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee
Compliance With the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits). We live our Values and measure our success by the success of our customers, shareholders, communities and people. Arconic’s success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind.