Arconic Machinist Weekend Days - Big Lake Sign Bonus - 25% Shift Diff in New Brighton, Minnesota
Machinist Weekend Days - Big Lake Sign Bonus - 25% Shift Diff
This position is located at our Big Lake facility and is responsible for planning materials to be used and sequences of operations, setting up and operating machines and equipment, producing precision parts of varying complexity, inspecting completed parts, completing documentation, assembling parts as required and providing training to Machinists.
1. Plan and verify materials to be used and methods and sequences of operations to be performed on each job as directed by documentation or supervision.
2. Set up machines and equipment, assuring appropriate feeds and speeds, stops, clamps, fixtures and tooling are selected.
3. Operate machines and equipment in order to produce precision parts of varying complexity according to customer specifications by interpreting blueprints and drawings while following manufacturing processes and procedures.
4. Inspect completed parts according to the specifications, including visually inspecting the surface for appearance and non-conformities. Follow procedures as needed to address non-conformities.
5. Complete required documentation for all jobs responsible for, including entering data into ERP system.
6. Fit and assemble parts into complete assembly when required.
7. Maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment, adhering to 5S principles.
8. Other duties as assigned.
A related machine trades certificate/diploma and two years relevant experience, OR, six years relevant experience.
Experience with milling, turning or grinding.
Experience setting up and operating machine tools.
Intermediate ability to read and interpret assembly drawings and specifications.
Proficient in the use of machinist hand tools and measuring tools, process planning and inspection.
Machine shop math skills.
Proficient PC skills in a Windows environment.
Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Experience editing programs through machine controls.
Demonstrated problem-solving ability in a machine shop environment.
Experience using an ERP system.
A related machine trades certificate/diploma and four years relevant experience, OR, eight years relevant experience.
Experience with five axis milling.
Experience setting up and operating machine tools. Experience with complex set-up with large parts.
Familiarity with overhead cranes and/or fork trucks.
Minimum Education Required
High School or GED
Minimum Years of Experience
Minimum Travel Required
Manufacturing / Operations
Business Unit Group
Engineered Products and Solutions
Arconic Engineered Structures