Arconic Production Supervisor - Pack, Sort and HLP in Waco, Texas
Arconic Fastening Systems is seeking a Production Supervisor in our Packaging, HLP, and Sorting departments. This position is responsible for overseeing operations in various manufacturing departments throughout the facility. This may include first, second, third and/or weekend shifts. Monitors plant operations to ensure safe and efficient manufacturing processes. Promotes a safe, healthful, and environmentally compliant workplace. Identifies and corrects operational deviations. Acts as a resource to Group Leaders, Production Technicians, and management. Leads by example, demonstrating a firm commitment to employee involvement, participative leadership, and continuous improvement.
· Works closely with Group Leaders to assist them in dealing with issues that are either outside their scope of authority or that are outside of their areas of expertise.
· Provides team members with direction on work assignments, operational priorities, time recording, and technical troubleshooting resources.
· Collaborates with Manufacturing Managers to optimize and prioritize resources and to make decisions regarding these resources and their impact on plant operations.
· Facilitates and supports employee teams and ensures that they have required resources, such as information and training, to increase the effectiveness of these work teams.
· Identifies training and development opportunities for team members to improve their ability to perform assigned duties effectively and to maintain current job knowledge.
· Offers assistance and guidance to team members on processes, techniques, methods and practices in areas of expertise. May perform a limited amount of hands-on manufacturing activity.
· Participates in decisions regarding staffing, performance evaluation, and corrective actions for off-shift employees.
· Prepares requisitions to secure equipment, supplies and materials required to support plant operations, ensuring that best value is secured for the company.
· Manages assigned budget by tracking costs on a regular basis and reducing expenditures wherever practical.
· Utilizes manual and automated systems to prepare reports and process information, maintaining a high degree of data integrity.
· Contacts internal and external resources as needed to secure support required to accomplish assigned responsibilities.
· Follows regulations and requirements of the SPCC Plan, RCRA regulations, and operating procedures involving hazardous chemicals outlined in the Environmental Management System when performing any tasks involving hazardous chemicals or hazardous wastes.
· Ensure that all work activities are performed in accordance with established safety and environmental standards.
· Maintains full compliance with Company policies and procedures and conducts all activities in accordance with the Arconic Guide to Business Conduct.
· Demonstrates a knowledge of and commitment to Arconic Business Systems manufacturing principles and techniques.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position .
This position requires use of information or access to or use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Industrial Technology, Business Administration, or a related field is required.
Minimum 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
Organization: *06791-32200 Packaging
Title: Production Supervisor - Pack, Sort and HLP
Requisition ID: 18001500
Compliance With the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations
Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits).
We live our Values and measure our success by the success of our customers, shareholders, communities and people. Arconic’s success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind.